28 March 2008

I'm Giving Up

I'm deciding to give up on getting a Pre-N (802.11n) router for right now. It seems that every router out there is buggy for the most part, and the standard has not been completely set for the 802.11n spec so I'll wait until it is finalized (if it ever gets finalized).


I remember watching Call for Help 2.0 (during the short stint it was on G4 here in the US) and Leo was discussing the then New Linksys Pre-N router. How long ago was that? What's the hold-up?! But I'm usually a patient person so I'll wait it out. Besides I need to rebuild my bank account after making that whopping payment for my MacBook Pro last week, LOL.

I went last night and set up a Belkin 802.11g router up for my Aunt and got a taste of her 6MBps New Wave Cable Modem and now I'm re-obsessed with getting broadband (or true broadband), I do have a 1.5MBps connection but that is with HughesNet the Satellite Provider and the latency is aweful (I can't even connect to the XBOX Live Marketplace because of it) and the 300MB/24hrs cap on the accounts. I exceed that limit constantly and it keeps me from buying/renting movies from iTunes and also is keeping me from buying an Apple TV. I hate living in a rural area!!!

No comments: